Coffee Chia Seed Pudding | Vegan and Gluten Free
This is a tasty breakfast pudding to give you a morning boost, as it contains espresso. You will be tempted to eat this as a dessert too, but be aware of the caffeine!
My wife Laura loves chia seed pudding, so she created this one to add our favorite Burwell Beans coffee. You can use any coffee, but we used Dark Timbre, brewed as espresso.
- 1/2 cup Dark Timbre brewed as espresso, cooled
- 1 cup gluten free oatmilk (or your favorite plant-based milk, we like Califia Barista Blend Oatmilk)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 3 T maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 2-3 T of cacao nibs (optional)
- 2 T peanut butter (optional, nothing better then Teddie’s)
- Sliced bananas
- Chopped pecans
- Brew espresso and chill until cooled
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk until combined.
- Cover mixing bowl with plastic wrap and set in fridge overnight.
- Whisk again before serving to remove any chia clumps and divide in to four serving glasses
- Add your choice of toppings or serve as-is for a delicious breakfast boost.
Enjoy your coffee chia seed pudding and let us know how you got on and what coffee you used!